In observance of National Preservation Month, Biloxi is hosting a diversity of programs every Thursday throughout May for visitors to enjoy! Enjoy tours, presentations, discussions, do-it-yourself advice on creating an oral history of your family, along with a wealth of interesting pursuits! Each program spotlights the different cultures that make Biloxi such a unique community. Visitors are encouraged to participate in "Passport through History" in which they will be given a booklet. For those who obtain at least three of the four stamps on their "Passport through History" booklets will receive a commemorative gift! The booklets are available at each stop. Free refreshments and hors d'oeuvres provided.
• May 16: Oral History Preservation 101, Biloxi Public Library, 580 Howard Avenue, Biloxi, 11:30am -1pm
• May 23: 50th Anniversary of Biloxi Wade-Ins, Biloxi Visitors Center, 1050 Beach Blvd., Biloxi, 5:30pm-7pm
• May 30: Paths of Prayer: Biloxi Church Tour, Biloxi Town Green, 710 Beach Blvd, Biloxi
Trolley Tours Schedule:
- St. Michael Catholic Church, 177 First Street, Biloxi @ 4:30pm
- Vietnamese Buddhist Congregation, 179 Oak Street, Biloxi @ 5:15pm
- First Missionary Baptist Church, 658 Ester Blvd, Biloxi @ 5:45pm
- Our Mother of Sorrows Catholic Church, 800 Division Street, Biloxi @ 6:30pm
- Nativity Cathedral of the Blessed Virgin Mary, 870 Howard Avenue, Biloxi @ 7:15pm
After the tour, enjoy a fish fry featuring entertainment by the Greater Saint John African Methodist Episcopal Church choir on the Biloxi Town Green!
Space is limited on the trolleys and reservations are required. Call (228) 435-6370 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a seat. The trolleys will leave the Biloxi Town Green @ 4:30pm. Participants may also use their own transportation. Don't miss this fascinating look back in history!
Sponsored by the City of Biloxi, Biloxi Bay Chamber, Main Street Biloxi, Biloxi Public Schools and the Local History and Genealogy Department of the Biloxi Public Library!