Healthy Travel Information
(As of April 14, 2021)
We love and appreciate our visitors, and we thank you for your continued support! As Coastal Mississippi businesses begin to reopen, we encourage you to visit responsibly. We strive to make every visitor experience the best it can be and want to ensure you are provided with the most up-to-date information as you make your travel plans. The health and safety of our visitors is our highest priority. With that, we want you to have the resources you need to make informed travel decisions when it comes to COVID-19.
EMERGENCY ORDERS & RESTRICTIONS:
Masks are no longer mandated by the state, but following safety guidelines outlined by the Mississippi State Department of Health such as wearing masks and practicing social distancing is still strongly recommended for your personal safety. Individual businesses can still implement their own safety guidelines.
- Fully vaccinated travelers are less likely to get and spread COVID-19
- People who are fully vaccinated with an FDA-authorized vaccine can travel safely within the United States
- Fully vaccinated travelers do not need to get tested before or after travel unless their destination requires it
- Fully vaccinated travelers do not need to self-quarantine
- Fully vaccinated travelers should still follow CDC’s recommendations for traveling safely including
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth
- Stay 6 feet from others and avoid crowds
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer
CASINOS - The Mississippi Gaming Commission is requiring masks be worn by all persons inside public areas of any Mississippi casino. Mask can be removed temporarily to eat or drink. All casinos are limited to 75% of the property's maximum occupancy.
RESTAURANTS - Most are open for in-house dining.
ATTRACTIONS - We encourage you to check individual business Facebook pages and websites for up-to-date information on occupancy and mask preferences.
For more traveler information and prevention tips, we encourage you to seek the most current information from the following sources:
- Mississippi State Department of Health
- Mississippi State Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline - 877-978-6453
- Centers for Disease Control
- World Health Organization
We look forward to welcoming visitors to Mississippi’s scenic outdoors and numerous tourism offerings throughout the state. Guests are advised to follow Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines while both traveling to and visiting our beautiful state. Safe practices include washing hands regularly with soap and water, minimizing close contact with others, and maintaining a minimum of six feet of social distance from others. Visitors are also encouraged to stay informed of additional public health guidance in local destinations throughout the state to minimize risk to themselves and others. We will do our part to ensure all visitors can experience the joy of traveling to Mississippi. We thank you for doing yours.