Healthy Travel Information
(As of January 5, 2021)
We love and appreciate our visitors, and we thank you for your continued support! As Coastal Mississippi businesses begin to reopen, we encourage you to visit responsibly. We strive to make every visitor experience the best it can be and want to ensure you are provided with the most up-to-date information as you make your travel plans. The health and safety of our visitors is our highest priority. With that, we want you to have the resources you need to make informed travel decisions when it comes to COVID-19.
EMERGENCY ORDERS & RESTRICTIONS: Mississippi's Safe Return began June 1 opening all Mississippi businesses following mandatory implementation of CDC guidelines.
Hancock, Harrison, & Jackson County
- Every person shall wear a face covering, covering the noes and mouth, when INSIDE a business, school, building or other indoor space open to the public whenever it is not possible to maintain a minimum of six feet of social distancing from another person not in the same household.
- Group gatherings outdoors are limited to 50 people and indoors to 10 people when at least six feet distance cannot be maintained
CASINOS - All Coastal Mississippi casinos are open. The Mississippi Gaming Commission is requiring masks be worn by all persons inside public areas of any Mississippi casino. Mask can be removed temporarily to eat or drink.
RESTAURANTS - Most are open for in-house dining with no more than 75% seating capacity. Beginning July 24 no alcohol can be sold at restaurants or bars from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
ATTRACTIONS - Most, including outdoor experiences, have reopened with reduced capacity and increased health and safety measures. We encourage you to check individual business Facebook pages and websites for up-to-date information.
For more traveler information and prevention tips, we encourage you to seek the most current information from the following sources:
- Mississippi State Department of Health
- Mississippi State Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline - 877-978-6453
- Centers for Disease Control
- World Health Organization
We look forward to welcoming visitors to Mississippi’s scenic outdoors and numerous tourism offerings throughout the state. Guests are advised to follow Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines while both traveling to and visiting our beautiful state. Safe practices include washing hands regularly with soap and water, minimizing close contact with others, and maintaining a minimum of six feet of social distance from others. Visitors are also encouraged to stay informed of additional public health guidance in local destinations throughout the state to minimize risk to themselves and others. We will do our part to ensure all visitors can experience the joy of traveling to Mississippi. We thank you for doing yours.