Batik Art Workshop - 20 Years of Grand Bay NERR
January 12, 2019 - January 13, 2019
Address: 6005 Bayou Heron Road, Moss Point, MS 39562
Phone: (228) 475-7047
Time: 7:30am-6:30pm (dinner begins) Sunday 8am05pm
Price: $60 (Dorm stay additional $15) - registration required
Spring in the Savanna
Join ecologist, Dr. Jonathan Pitchford, on a tour of the pine savanna to explore all the beauty that springtime has to offer. They are opportunities to view and learn about local plants and flowers. Draw upon the savanna's beauty and infuse it with batik art. Artists will have the option if immersing themselves in their surroundings by staying the nigh in dorms. All skill levels are invited to attend and create Reserve-inspired batik art.
Space is limited to 16 participants.
- 7:30-8am - Check in for dorms & pay for workshop/ breakfast provided by NERR
- 8-8:15am - lntroductions & "Finding your Inspiration""talk in Lorge Classroom
- 8:30-12pm - Boot tour through the Reserve
- 12-12:30pm - Lunch provided by NERR in Lorge Classroom/Outdoors
- 12:30-1:30pm - Guided batik demonstration with Dr. Ayesha Groy
- 1:30-6pm - Batik session
- 6:30p - unti - Carpool to Jock's by the Tracks for dutch dinner. Reservation at 6:30.
(Optional}Late night dessert party: for people staying in the dorms, make ond bring your fovorire dessert to
share with others staying in the dorms.
- 8-8:30am - Breakfast provided by NERR
- 8:30-9am - Painting touch ups (minor details only)
- 9-11am - Wax over painted portions of design
- 11am-12pm - Choose dye color, prepare dye bath, add pices to dye bath
- 12-1pm - Lunch provided by NERR
- 1-3pm - Finish dye process, rinse, iron and hang pieces
- 3-5pm - Photograph pices, group photo, picke a piece to donate to NERR, check out of dorms and clean up
7:30o-8:00o Checkinfor dorms&payforworkshop/SreckfostprovidedbyNERR
6:30p-until Carpoolto Jock.bythefrocks foro dutchdinner.Reservationat6:30.