It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas here in Coastal Mississippi, but instead of white snow, we have 26 miles of white sandy beaches and 12 coastal communities boasting plenty of space to roam and a plethora of things to do and see. On the Secret Coast, you can find safe and enjoyable holiday-themed activities and events for every age and budget, including the best holiday light show in the Southeast!
Gulfport Harbor Lights Winter Festival is Mississippi’s largest Christmas light show, and visitors to this year’s show will see over 1.5 million lights adorning trees, sculptures, archways, and installations across a beautiful 40-acre expanse in Jones Park, overlooking Gulfport Harbor. Enjoy the “Dancing Trees” show and carnival rides, hop on a train to take you through the magnificent light displays, stroll through Santa’s Village to watch the elves hard at work, and even visit Santa Claus at his Headquarters!
Health and safety is top priority in Coastal Mississippi, and the folks at Gulfport Harbor Lights Winter Festival have been working diligently to create a health and safety plan for all visitors and employees. As part of the Coastal Mississippi Promise, everyone will be able to enjoy this year’s show in a safe and comfortable environment. To ensure the safest experience for all, federal, state and local guidelines will be followed.
Gulfport Harbor Lights Winter Festival will be open for all to enjoy safely from Friday, November
27, through Thursday, December 31, 2020. Gates open nightly at 5:30 p.m. and close at 9:30 p.m., and the show ends at 10:30 p.m. (weather permitting). The event is closed on Christmas Eve.
Extra safety precautions at this year’s Gulfport Harbor Lights Winter Festival will include:
- Masks: All staff and vendors will be required to wear a mask. All patrons are required to wear a mask upon entry into the Park.
- Main Ticket Entrances: Hand sanitizer will be available upon entry. Online ticket purchases are encouraged. Social distancing must be practiced in lines.
- Food Vendors: All vendors and their staff must wear gloves and mask. Food service will follow the MS Governor’s Guidelines. Hand sanitizer and hand washing stations will be available. Social distancing must be practiced in lines.
- Gift Shop: Hand sanitizer will be available upon entry.
- Ride Ticket Booths: Social distancing must be practiced in lines.
- Restrooms: Extra hand washing stations will be near restroom areas. Social distancing must be practiced in lines.
- Santa’s Room (Barksdale Pavilion): Masks will be required while in Santa’s area. Social distancing must be practiced in lines. Mask can be taken off when taking a photo with Santa.
- Santa’s Village (Barksdale Pavilion): Hand sanitizer will be available upon entry. MS Governor’s Guidelines on the capacity of the pavilion will be followed. Social distancing will be encouraged.
- Trains/Rides: Hand sanitizer will be available upon entry.
See Gulfport Harbor Lights Winter Festival’s COVID-19 Updates for more information.
For more information and online ticket purchases, visit www.gulfportharborlights.com.