By: Sally Hales
Built in 1848, Biloxi was one of the first cast-iron lighthouses in the south. Standing at 64 feet (19.5m), the lighthouse was in service until 1939. The tower has been battered by – and survived – many storms, including Hurricane Katrina, and has become a symbol of resilience. It’s open to the public and can be visited daily for self-guided or group tours.
Read full article here.
P.O. Box 8005
Biloxi, MS 39535
© 2022 Coastal Mississippi. All Rights Reserved.