April 25-26 (tentative)
Weekend of Discovery Kickoff! 5:30-7:30pm @ Hancock Bank, Washington Avenue: Traditional Full Dress Presentation of d'Iberville and the Landing Party, Ocean Springs Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours, with Merchant Costume Contest Awards! Admission Charged.
• Race to Discovery 5K Run/Walk and 1-mile Kids' Fun Run! (in partnership with Junior Auxiliary "Fit for Life" Program); Fort Maurepas Park, Front Beach; 5K run/walk begins at 8:30 a.m.; 1 mile free kids run/walk begins at 9:15am! Entry Fee.• Special Mass at St. Alphonsus Catholic Church! Landing Participants in Full Dress Attire! St. Alphonsus, 502 Jackson Avenue @ 10am! Free-Donations!
• Discovery Regatta! DAY 1! Ocean Springs Yacht Club/Front Beach/Fort Maurepas begins @ 10am & continues Sunday @ 11am! Spectators Free!
• Children's Pet Parade! All ages, all pets welcome to attend and participate; Registration begins @ Little Children's Park, Washington Avenue 10am. Parade begins @ 11am and travels to Marshall Park. Free Entry!
• Lunch and Awards Presentation with Landing Participants! Ocean Springs Yacht Club @ Noon! Fees Apply.
• Cardboard Regatta-all ages! Hosted by the Ocean Springs Museum of History! Start designing your ship today! On Front Beach, to precede the Reenactment, approximately 2:30pm!
• The Landing of d'Iberville--Full Dress Reenactment! Fort Maurepas Park, Front Beach; festivities begin @ 3pm; landing reenactment begins @ 4pm! Free!
SPECIAL DOWNTOWN BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION! Presented by Rex Distributing @ 5:30pm following the Landing Reenactment! Spectators Free!
For registration information and more details regarding the weekend event, contact Stopher Haug at (228) 627-8585